Founded in 1972, Bluestone & Hockley Real Estate Services is a leading full-service real estate company providing quality property management to the Portland, Oregon metro area and beyond.
With over 45 years of in depth real estate experience, Bluestone and Hockley is focused on managing our clients properties with a long term view and delivering profitable financial returns.
Our mission is to help families, property owners, businesses and communities throughout the Portland, Vancouver and Salem metropolitan areas efficiently and successfully manage, lease and sell their investment properties.
Bluestone & Hockley was founded in 1972 when Sid and Sylvia Bluestone started S. Bluestone Realty. In 1987, the firm was purchased by Sid and Sylvia’s daughter Julie and her husband Cliff Hockley, who then established Bluestone & Hockley Real Estate Services as a full-service real estate company with offices in Portland, OR, Vancouver, WA and now Salem, OR.
The company is focused around managing residential and commercial properties and community associations. These departments are supported by property management accounting staff as well as maintenance technicians.
As members of the Institute of Real Estate Management (IREM®), Bluestone & Hockley was awarded Accredited Management Organization (AMO®) in 1998.
In 2011, the company partnered with Sperry Van Ness International to provide real estate sales brokerage services. Sperry Van Ness | Bluestone & Hockley specializes in the sale of commercial and multifamily properties and the leasing of commercial space.
In 2014, Bluestone & Hockley was awarded Accredited Management Organization of the Year by the Institute of Real Estate Management.
What differentiates Bluestone & Hockley from the competition?
- Seasoned, diversified company founded in Portland, Oregon.
- Experienced, long-term management team.
- Expertise and the latest technology tools to manage any property.
- Provides educational opportunities to staff, real estate professionals and property owners through continuous training at B&H University.
- In house commercial real estate sales and leasing company, SVN|Bluestone & Hockley.
- Maintenance department is licensed and bonded in both Oregon and Washington.
- Property managers, maintenance technicians and vendors are available 24/7 to handle any emergency.
- Custom management plans to address each property’s specific needs.
- Establish long term relationships with our clients, tenants and vendors. It’s more than just customer service.
Bluestone and Hockley is not your straight laced, conservative property management company. Sure we do things in a professional manner but we continue to innovate on a daily basis. What other company has a fun, wellness, sustainability and safety committee all focused on the well-being of our staff? And a happy, healthy staff provides successful results for our clients and tenants. Our corporate culture builds on a cooperative environment, led by thoughtful leaders who believe in allowing our employees to grow; both with expertise and responsibility.
As a active members of the community, Bluestone & Hockley employees participate in volunteer programs and organize donation drives throughout the year. Not only are we active within our corporate office, coordinating donations for the IREM Coat Drive, KGW Toy Drive and The Dougy Center, but we also participate in community events such as the annual SOLVE Beach and Riverside Clean-up. A list of charitable organizations we regularly support is below.
- Oregon Food Bank
- The Salvation Army
- American Red Cross
- Blanchet House of Hospitality
- Volunteers of America, Oregon
- Sunshine Pantry
- Sisters of the Road
- The Rosewood Initiative
- Green Empowerment
- Hospice & Palliative Care Partners
- Mercy Corps
- Doctors Without Borders
- FHS Society, Inc.
- Pongo Fund
- The Dougy Center
- Jewish Family and Child Services
- Transitional Youth