Commercial Department Assistant
The Commercial Department Assistant supports one or more Property Managers and the Director of Commercial Property Management with daily tasks to ensure compliance with department procedures as well as providing a high level of customer service to our tenants and clients.
- Answer incoming calls and appropriately route calls.
- Oversee commercial email inbox; respond and route.
- Serve as primary contact for a wide range of tenant and property service issues; coordinate service calls with appropriate vendors and maintain work order log.
- Maintain tenant and vendor emergency contact lists.
- Maintain, track, and request tenant and vendor insurance certificates.
- Maintain integrity of building key system and inventory; oversee access control and key checkout log.
- Provide administrative support to the Commercial Property Management Department: prepare correspondence, schedule meetings, track and file documents, maintain all file systems, and generate or update documents using Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Assist in preparing/assembling the monthly financial reports.
- Assist in annual property budget preparation.
- Assist in annual operating expense reconciliations and other accounting related projects.
- Procure property materials such as floor plans, site maps, aerial photos, property photos, etc.
- Assist in transitioning new property management assignments into our systems; procure, track and organize owner, tenant, vendor and property information. Input data into property management software program and e-file as per filing guidelines.
- Assist with a variety of special projects or administrative assignments.
- Other administrative duties as assigned.
- Proficient use of basic office machines and computer software, including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Accurate keyboarding skills and type at least 45 wpm.
- Detail-oriented and able to produce highly accurate work.
- Experience with or ability to learn property management software program(s).
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Strong communication skills (written and verbal), including the ability to use tact and diplomacy in sensitive situations, while maintaining confidentiality.
- Ability to deal with interruptions and to successfully perform multiple tasks.
- Ability to set priorities, manage time to meet deadlines and organize tasks & projects.
- Valid Driver’s License and current private auto collision and liability insurance.
Nature of Position
This position is located in our corporate office and may include some travel to local properties. The position is typically Monday-Friday but can involve other days and hours.
The ability to communicate verbally on the phone and face to face is constant. The ability to speak, read, understand and write English is constant. The ability to sit, stand and walk is frequent. The ability to lift 30 lbs. and drive a vehicle is occasional.