Commercial Property Manager
The Commercial Property Manager is responsible for the day-to-day operations of assigned properties, including overall condition; financial results; aligning the operation with the owner’s objectives; and working with tenants and brokers all while complying with company policy.
- Manages assigned properties in accordance with the property management agreements and department policies and procedures.
- Inspects properties in accordance with departmental procedures, identifies any physical plant deficiencies and corrects in accordance with budgeted guidelines, established property standards and ownership approval.
- Collects all base rent(s), expense pass-through billings and percentage rent as dictated by the lease agreement. Follows up on late rent payments; issues late notices, negotiates payment plans with delinquent tenants and initiates collection proceedings as needed.
- Maintains operating expenses within budgeted allowances.
- Maintains accurate and complete system data to include insurance information, property information, site plans, building inventory spreadsheets, etc.
- Bids and negotiates maintenance agreements with contractors for the upkeep of the property.
- Oversees maintenance, contractors, and vendors according to the approved annual operating budget.
- Reviews, codes to proper accounting line items, and approves all invoices.
- Prepares annual operating budgets.
- Reviews monthly operating statements and prepare variance reports.
- Interfaces with ownership, property tenants, leasing brokers, accounting staff, and various contractors to ensure the effective operation of the properties.
- Other duties as required.
- Participate in the after-hours on-call manager rotation.
1. Minimum three years’ experience in commercial property management or related field.
2. Project management experience, particularly in construction or commercial real estate preferred.
3. Considerable knowledge of real estate principles, including physical plant management and leasing.
4. Knowledge of general business management practices and principles.
5. Valid Oregon Real Estate Broker’s License preferred (leasing activity for tenant renewals will be conducted under a separate independent contractor agreement).
6. Valid Driver’s License and current private auto collision and liability insurance.
7. Proficient use of basic office machines and computer software, including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
8. Accurate keyboarding skills and type at least 45 wpm.
9. Detail-oriented and able to produce highly accurate work.
10. Experience with or ability to learn property management software program(s).
11. Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills.
12. Strong communication skills (written and verbal), including the ability to use tact and diplomacy in sensitive situations, while maintaining confidentiality.
13. Ability to deal with interruptions and to successfully perform multiple tasks.
14. Ability to set priorities, manage time to meet deadlines and organize tasks & projects.
Nature of Position
This position is located in our corporate office but includes significant travel to properties. The position is typically Monday-Friday but can involve other days and hours. The position participates in a rotating on-call schedule.
The ability to communicate verbally on the phone and face to face is constant. The ability to speak, read, understand and write English is constant. The ability to sit, stand, walk and drive a vehicle is frequent. The ability to lift 30 lbs. is occasional.