The Maintenance Technician is a roving position within the Portland Metro Area. This position supports all of the properties in our portfolios (multi-family, single-family, HOA and commercial) with general maintenance work and repairs, such as carpentry, electrical, plumbing, HVAC, roofing, drywall, and vinyl flooring jobs.
1. Complete building maintenance tasks in a professional manner, in compliance with local building codes.
2. Maintain accurate work order records, and accurate supply purchase records.
3. Continuing education as needed, our company will provide you with monthly safety training
Preferred Job Qualifications
1. Experience in construction trades, minor electrical repairs, plumbing, HVAC, roofing, drywall and vinyl floor installation.
2. Experience in sales, customer service, or working directly with customers in a related setting.
Required Job Qualifications:
1. A valid driver’s license from the State of residence. Own vehicle (pick-up truck or van) to transport supplies, tools, and purchased materials.
2. Ability to lift 40 lbs., climb stairs and ladders, and work in confined spaces – attics, building crawl spaces, under sinks.
3. Position requires basic computer competency – the use of the internet, email, and tablet software.
4. This position requires technicians to provide their own tools and you must possess an android or apple smartphone. (technicians are reimbursed $50 per month for the use of their phone for work-related duties)
Nature of Position
1. Position does not supervise others, and work is normally performed at various locations throughout the Portland/Vancouver metropolitan area.
2. Position involves physical labor to ensure tasks are completed properly. Work outdoors in all weather conditions is required. Although uniform shirts are provided, Technicians are expected to provide their own other, weather-appropriate clothing.
3. Position typically works Monday through Friday, with occasional approved overtime necessary. Travel by vehicle is necessary. Position requires participation in rotating emergency after hours & weekend On-Call Schedule.
Compensation | Benefits | Requirements:
1. This is an hourly, non-exempt position, compensated at $19.00 – $22.00 per hour, depending on experience.
2. If a Company vehicle is not provided, technicians are expected to have their own vehicle, capable of transporting materials to job sites; and their own hand and power tools to enable them to do most plumbing, electrical, and carpentry jobs.
3. Mileage will be reimbursed at the IRS rate, adjusted quarterly. Mileage reimbursement is paid monthly.
5. 5 uniform shirts will be provided as well as a ball cap.
6. Health insurance and life insurance benefits will apply.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $19.00 to $22.00 /hour