Bluestone & Hockley manages close to 2,000,000 square feet of retail, office and industrial space throughout the Portland metro area.
Bluestone & Hockley is focused on providing expert attention to each operational aspect of your commercial property to ensure the asset’s long term prosperity. By developing strong relationships with our commercial clients, tenants and vendors, we are able to anticipate property needs and create long term solutions resulting in increased asset performance and operational efficiency.
Call Us Today 503-459-4352
At Bluestone & Hockley, we listen first.
As your property manager, we focus on our client relationships which allows us to tailor our approach as we address the individual needs of each property. We constantly strive to ensure all questions receive answers and any needs are addressed as timely and thoroughly as possible.
Our constant communication with your tenants helps us identify building issues such as roof leaks, plumbing problems, security issues, and other concerns which are not always identified by visual inspections. Solutions are then customized to satisfy the needs of both client and tenant.
As active members of the Building Owners Management Association (BOMA) and the Institute for Real Estate Management (IREM), our staff is on the forefront of legislative changes, technological advancements, and environmentally conscious solutions. Each property manager brings a wide range of skills and professional experience to our commercial management team with your success in mind.
We provide a full array of commercial real estate services for your property to better help you make decisions, including:
- Full bookkeeping of receipts and disbursements
- Monthly tenant invoicing
- Annual CAM reconciliations
- Management of capital improvement projects from start to finish
- Maintenance monitoring and review
- Annual property inspections and analysis of needed improvements
- Annual budget forecasts with monthly and year to date actual income/expense comparison
- Annual reviews of third party services contracts such as landscaping, security, etc.
Other services we provide for you that maintain your investment and your pride of ownership include:
- Annual weatherization checks and seasonal preparation
- Establishment of specifications for contract services such as landscaping, heating and cooling, lighting, parking lots, fire suppression and monitoring systems, and other items that require regular inspection, testing and care.
- Coordinating annual inspections and establishing ongoing maintenance programs.
- Coordination and supervision of contracted services.
Bluestone & Hockley Commercial Property Management has developed a comprehensive Master Insurance Program that leverages the economy of scale to offer our clients more coverage at substantially lower premiums.
- Limits of $1,000,000 each occurrence/$2,000,000 aggregate apply separately to every property.
- An Additional $6,000,000 umbrella liability limit per occurrence and aggregate applies separately to every property.
- $1,000,000 non-owned and hired automobile liability limit applies separately to every accident.
- $5,000 medical expense limit per person / per occurrence.
- $5,000 basic property insurance deductible per occurrence.
- Blanket limits apply to real property, personal property and loss of rents and covers sewer backup, code enforcement / law & ordinance and boiler & machinery claims.
- Loss of rents coverage extends for the time period it takes to renovate and re-tenant properties and includes a 180-day extended period of indemnity, if needed.
- Flood coverage is available to all locations except those in Flood Zone A (for which federal flood insurance is available).
- Up to $100,000 of coverage for tenant relocation expense.
- Up to $100,000 of coverage for tenant replacement expense.
- No vacancy restrictions, limitations or exclusions for properties which go vacant after coverage has been bound.
- Available earthquake coverage.
*Property and liability carrier Zurich has an A.M. Best rating of A+15
What types of commercial property does your team manage?
We manage office buildings, industrial parks, retail shopping centers and mixed-use properties. We currently manage close to 2 million square feet of rentable space comprised of class A, B, and C properties.
Can you help me lease/sell my property?
Our Property Managers are licensed Real Estate Brokers who will work with your existing tenants to extend their leases upon expiration. We also work closely with the Advisors of our sister company SVN | Bluestone & Hockley to market your property to new prospects while ensuring a proper tenant mix for the property type and location. Should you decide to sell your property, our Property Managers and Advisors will work together to position and list your property for sale.
What are CAMs?
CAM stands for Common Area Maintenance and is the expense a tenant pays for maintenance of the areas that are shared in common by all tenants. Usually those costs would be parking lot maintenance, lighting, landscaping, etc. In addition, tenants usually pay a portion of the real estate taxes and insurance.
What kind of experience and qualifications does your team have?
Our Property Managers have over 30 years of combined experience managing a variety of property types. We have earned the Accredited Management Organization (AMO) certification, one of only 500 other firms in the nation with that level of accreditation. We are active members of the Building Owners and Managers Association (BOMA) and the Institute of Real Estate Management (IREM). As Certified Property Managers (CPM), we are licensed in Oregon and Washington.
Do you collect rent and pay bills for me?
Rent collections and accounts payable are all performed and processed through Rent Manager. Rent statements are sent out to tenants each month and invoices for all utilities and maintenance services are received, processed and paid from our office.
How do you keep owners informed on property finances and operations?
You will receive a comprehensive monthly report which includes a complete set of financial statements, an executive summary including detailed explanations of any significant variances to your operating plan, and a list of any active maintenance projects or tenant/property related issues. Our Property Managers are also always available during our regular business hours to answer any questions you may have.