Bluestone & Hockley Commercical
The Maintenance Porter will report daily to the maintenance supervisor. They will travel to on-site locations to complete routine day porter services, periodic service calls and complete appropriate paperwork with minimal supervision. They must communicate frequently with the maintenance supervisor regarding the status of completed work and also communicate with property managers as necessary.
• Turn in and balance petty cash daily
• Turn in completed paperwork daily via Android app
• Complete work orders on the assigned due date using quality materials
• Complete electronic paperwork, upload pictures and check-in with supervisor each work day
• Report unsafe conditions to a supervisor immediately
• Report extraordinary issues (dry rot, etc.) to supervisor
• Keep company issued vehicle and company issued tools in good working condition if applicable
• Provide excellent customer service, follow-through and communication
• Always maintain a professional appearance and abide by company uniform policy
• Must pass the skills test for a Maintenance Tech I
SCOPE OF WORK – not limited to
1. Police all exterior common areas including sidewalks, parking lots, landscape beds for trash, gum, and other debris to keep the common areas in a first class, clean and orderly condition.
2. Sweep and/or blow all entrances and walkways to curb line adjacent to tenant entrances.
3. Empty trash/ash containers , damp wipe and reline as needed, and disinfect on a continual basis.
4. Police all common areas and service roads (access between and behind buildings) for trash and debris.
5. Inspect all common areas for graffiti (including unauthorized stickers) and remove or paint out as soon as possible. Areas to inspect include, but are not limited to, bike racks, light poles, pole bases, parking lot signs/posts, and buildings. If immediate removal or painting is not feasible, report to the property manager immediately.
6. Actively observe any safety hazards or maintenance issues in the common areas, such as uneven walking surfaces, pot holes, damaged or missing parking lot signage, damaged light fixtures/electrical covers, hose bibs not working, etc. Report all problems/concerns to the maintenance supervisor immediately.
7. Pull or spray weeds growing out of sidewalk cracks and the bottom of buildings within common pedestrian walkways.
8. Inspect/clean roofs of all buildings. Remove large debris, trash and leaves. Clean roof drains, and visually inspect for defects and report any problems or concerns to the property manager. Roofs will be accessed by roof hatch, exterior attached ladder, or portable/removable extension ladder.
9. Change light bulbs that can be reached with a 12′ ladder as required.
• Able to lift up to 50 lbs.
• Able to drive a vehicle
• Able to climb stairs and a ladder
• Able to stand unassisted for 15 minutes
• Able to communicate verbally on the phone and face to face
• Able to speak, read, understand and write English
Additional Compensation: Paid holidays, vacations, sick and personal days, medical benefits offered after a probationary period, company provided uniforms and company vehicle.
Please be advised we conduct thorough background checks, including a criminal background check, driving record and drug screening.
If you possess all of these qualifications and are interested, please submit your resume and/or work history in addition to three (3) professional references.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply using webmail: